Welcome to the Monthly Insider for September 2018 (Volume 2, Issue 9). This month’s topic is Civil Unrest.
According to the 2010 United States Census, just over eighty percent of the U.S. population lives in urban areas. And while that term is vague, it’s safe to say that a considerable portion of the population live in cities and suburbs. Unlike their rural counterparts, folks in urban areas face unique challenges when faced with a survival situation.
What cities and urban areas lack in natural resources, they make up for in manmade supplies. But the urban scavenger needs to act quickly as the density of the population in these areas means there literally isn’t enough to go around. Maintaining awareness and staying ahead of the curve will increase your chances of survival.
Whereas the rural survivor may be fishing, trapping and hunting for food, the urban survivor will focus primarily on scavenging. The prudent urban dweller will keep a catalogue of where supplies are stocked in quantity – think the grocery chain warehouse as opposed to the local store. Shelter is seldom an issue in the urban area, but security is.
Security for in densely populated areas will be the greatest challenge to any survivor. Protecting your family and belongings will be the greatest challenge the urban survivor faces. In this month’s Insider, we look at the unique challenges in such an environment.
You can download the Civil Unrest PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Civil Unrest
- Avoiding Mobs and Riots
- Basics of Being a Grayman
- Hunkering Down in an Office for 48 Hours
- Finding Food and Water in an Urban Setting
- Staging Your Office and Car
- Finding Shelter in an Urban Area
- Urban Land Navigation
- How to Set Up a Get Home Map
- Contact Points with Family and Friends
- Less Lethal Self Defense Options to Handle a Crowd
- Workplace Warriors: Non-Firearm Self Defense Tools
- How to Use a Handheld Light with a Firearm
- Uncommon Urban EDC Items
- Urban Entry Tools
- Dealing with Hazards
- New Gear Releases: PDW TiFS Survival Capsule Lighter
- Gear Review: ITS Tactical SPIE Evasion Kit
- What We’re Reading Now
- Gear Review: Microtech Automatic Opening Knives
- Sarge “A Going Home” Serial: Part 10