Welcome to the Monthly Insider for October 2017. This month’s topic is Shelter + Water. You will learn about building emergency shelters, repurposing other structures to stay out of the elements, collecting and purifying water, creating sustainable water sources and more.
You can download the Shelter + Water PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Clothing as Your First Line of Defense
- Your Home as Your Primary Shelter
- Using an RV or Family Tent for Survival
- Bug Out Bag Shelter Options
- Using an Abandoned Building for Shelter
- Last Ditch Survival Structures
- Filtering Water at Home
- Portable Filter Options
- Chemical Treatments for Your Water
- Adding a Hand Pump to Your Well
- Ways to Gather or Catch Water
- Homemade Pump for Running Water
- How to Properly Store Water
- DIY – Fiskars Rain Barrel Diverter Pro
- Solar Water Disinfection
- Gear Review – Berkey Gravity Filters
- Gear Review – Platypus Water System
- What We’re Reading Now
- New Gear Releases – October 2017
- Survival University – Water
- Survival University – Shelter