Welcome to the Monthly Insider for May 2018 (Volume 2, Issue 5). This month’s topic is the Storm Season.
As preppers many of us focus on large scale cataclysmic events. While it’s important to be prepared for anything that could lead to The End Of The World As We Know It, we’re far more likely to face a more localized life altering event. This edition of the Insider is dedicated to storm season.
Every year hundreds of thousands of people are affected by natural disasters. Fires, floods, mudslides, tornadoes, hurricanes, and severe storms can wreak havoc all over the world. It’s likely you’ll face some sort of natural disaster in the year to come no matter where you live. The bad news is that they can be the end of your world as you know it. The good news is that there is almost always some warning, even if only minutes in some cases.
In this edition of the Insider we’ll go into the types of items you need to stock up on to get ready for a storm, how to plan for specific types of natural disasters, tips for living without power for an extended period of time and more.
You can download the Storm Season PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Storm Season
- 10 Items that Disappear Before a Disaster
- Gathering Weather Intel
- Base Comms Made Portable
- Preparing Your Home for a Natural Disaster
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- Surviving Natural Disasters: Tornados
- Surviving Natural Disasters: Mudslides
- Surviving Natural Disasters: Wildfires
- Surviving Natural Disasters: Earthquakes
- Surviving Natural Disasters: Floods
- Making the Choice to Leave Your Home when a Storm is Coming
- Living Without Power During Storm Season
- Gear Review: SB Tactical SBA3 Stabilizing Brace
- Dealing with Looters
- Hidden Dangers After the Storm
- Gear Review: BaroCook Thermal Cooking Pot
- Home First Aid Kit for Disasters
- New Gear Releases
- What We’re Reading Now
- Sarge: A “Going Home” Serial Part 6