Welcome to the Monthly Insider for February 2018 (Volume 2, Issue 2). This month’s topic is Communications.
Think during a SHTF scenario you’ll be able to use your cell phone and call for help? Not likely.
Good communication procedures, in any circumstance, are planned in advance. This is true whether you are trying to contact emergency services or maintain a line of contact with your doomsday dream team.
Knowing what tech to have is half the battle. Sometimes you need ciphers, codes, and the ability to communicate in unorthodox manners to survive a disaster.
In this month’s Insider, you learn how to protect comms from an emp blast, use morse code, send messages with ground and air signals, communicate without equipment, set up a Ham radio and much more.
You can download the Communications PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Beginners Guide to Ham Radio
- Best Ways to Prepare for your Ham Radio License
- Budget, Better, and Best Ham Gear for Preppers
- Protecting your Communications Equipment from an EMP
- Scanners – How to use them for info
- Gear Review – Mystery Ranch Scree
- Staying Informed During and After SHTF Scenarios
- Codes and Ciphers
- Morse Code, Ground to Air, and Hand Signals
- Signal for Help in a Wilderness Survival Situation Without any Gear
- How to Improve the Signal from your Hand-held Radio
- Second Line Communications
- Developing a Communications Plan for your Group
- Off-Grid Communication
- Things I Wish I Knew Before Keying up the Mic the First Time
- Gear Review – SureFire Tactician
- What We are Reading Now
- New Gear Releases
- Sarge Part 3