Welcome to the Monthly Insider for December 2018 (Volume 2, Issue 12). This month’s topic is Man Against the Odds.
Disasters and emergencies don’t just happen when we’re at home or when we are the most prepared. Odds are, it’ll happen when you least expect it and are the most unprepared. Travel is a good example of this. Being away from home on that once in a lifetime trip only to find yourself embroiled in a life or death situation is very possible.
Be it weather events like tsunamis, tornados, cyclones or wildfires. Or civil events such as riots, economic collapse or worse yet, civil war, we all need to be prepared wherever we find ourselves. Due to the limitations travel places on just what we can carry, we need to be smart. Because very quickly we could find ourselves The Man Against The Odds in a predicament with nothing more than our wits, ingenuity and creativity.
In this edition of the Insider, we delve into that world. With articles ranging from how to utilize an embassy to the importance of being able to operate various firearm platforms, this edition will certainly give you some food for thought the next time you’re planning a trip.
You can download the Man Agasinst the Odds PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Man Against the Odds
- Entering a U.S. Embassy
- Keep Your Kit Simple
- Basic Vehicle Preparedness
- Cash is King
- Counter Intelligence
- Phone a Friend
- Assisted and Unassisted Recovery
- Dropping Off Grid and Not Being Tracked
- Find a New Home
- Pocket SERE Kit
- Various Ways to Make a Rifle Bag
- Building an Operational Cache
- Firearm Proficiency with Multiple Platforms
- Language Barriers
- How to Disarm a Person with a Knife
- Pressure Points in Self-Defense Situations
- Electronic Counter Surveillance
- Gear Review: Mossberg Shockwave 590M
- What We’re Reading Now
- Sarge: A “Going Home” Serial Part II