Welcome to the Monthly Insider for August 2018 (Volume 2, Issue 8). This month’s topic is Acquiring Food.
When we talk about food in a survival, nearly all of it focuses on what and how to store it. But a real long-term food system must be sustainable. That means growing, collecting, harvesting, hunting and fishing. This edition of the Insider is all about fishing, hunting and trapping.
The best methods to employ are those that will allow you to pursue other activities. In a crisis, there will be no shortage on things that need to get done. You simply will not have enough time in the day to do all that’s needed. So, methods like trapping and using nets for fish will allow you gather food while you’re working on other tasks or even while you’re asleep!
In this edition of the Insider, we’re going to give you some tips and tricks to incorporate into your food system. Remember, however, that some of these may not be legal and you should always check your local game laws. Gill nets, for instance, are almost universally banned in the lower forty-eight states. But during a crisis, all bets are off. The only rule that applies then is the rule of survival.
You can download the Acquiring Food PDF by clicking here.
If you prefer to view the information in web site form, you can do so as well. Each section is linked below.
- Acquiring Food
- Trapping Fish with a Weir
- Handmade Fishing Poles and Lures
- Best Freshwater Lures
- Building a Killer Pocket Fishing Kit
- Yoyo Reels for Fish and Small Game
- The Three Best Firearms for Hunting
- Hunting with Only a Knife
- New Gear Releases
- How to Build an Atlatl
- How to Construct a Ground Blind
- Hunting with an AR-15
- Skills for Hunting at Night
- Three Best Commercial Snares for Trapping
- Gear Review: Anker PowerCore + 26800 with 30W Charger
- Gill Net Construction and How to Use It
- Finding the Best Areas to Set Traps
- How to Build Primitive Traps
- Making Traps Out of Household Items
- What We’re Reading Now
- Gear Review: Haley Strategic – D3CRM Micro Chest Rig
- Sarge A “Going Home” Serial: Part 9