I feel like I have been on an unending quest for the last 10 years, trying to find the perfect EDC backpack. Something that could hold everything I need to work out of daily, yet still have room to carry extra gear. I also wanted a backpack that didn’t look like I just walked out of the woods or off the battlefield, with MOLLE and additional pockets all over it. About a year ago, I came across the Riftcore and fell in love with the design.
Maxpedition has always been known for its rugged packs that were built to live through war, but most of the time I felt like you could spot them from a mile away. I didn’t want to be seen as a visual target, or get second looks from guys because my pack looked “tactical.” The Riftcore is a slight departure from this look and blends in very well with everyday activities.
The Riftcore backpack is an ergonomic pack with quick release yoke-style straps. It is equipped with two locations for CCW placement, including a fully loop-lined rear compartment with two-way access. The middle compartment, which has a full clamshell opening, comes with multiple loop-lined adjustable straps that can be repositioned to make organizing and locating contents much easier. The semi-rigid fleece-lined EVA pocket on the front of the pack is ideal for storing sunglasses, electronics, or valuables.
Hands down my favorite section of this bag is the middle compartment. The entire compartment is loop-lined, allowing me to attach any Velcro pocket or accessories to it in any configuration, and not have to worry about them moving around. Because this pocket is separate from the front admin and the main compartment, I can access my laptop, and everything else I need to work, even in a congested small space, and no one will ever see what is in the middle compartment.
The 1400 cu in pack is available in Black, Gray and Tan. All three colors work well without drawing attention. From the range to the coffee shop, these packs fit their surroundings.
- Ergonomic backpack with quick release yoke-style straps
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Strap-down area in loop-lined middle compartment
- Stowable padded waist belt with gear loops
- Forward cinching waist belt adjustment
- Quadruple side compression
- Dual hydration ports
- Lockable main compartment
- Ample internal organization
- Custom molded fleece-lined semi-rigid EVA pocket
- Two-way access to fully loop-lined rear CCW compartment
- Double-sided security lockout strip included
- Overall dimensions: 11″ x 9″ x 18″ | 27.9 cm x 22.9 cm x 45.7 cm
- Volume: 1400 cu in | 23 L