When storm season rolls around, it is only a matter of time before the power goes out. Most houses these days have kitchens that are 100% electric so when the power goes out…so does your ability to cook food.
Sure, you can go outside and fire up the grill, but in a storm scenario the weather can often make this impossible. Every try to light a grill in a rain storm?
Another alternative for power down situations is to pull out a camp stove to heat food. However, dealing with carbon monoxide and fumes in an enclosed area is horrible if you don’t have good ventilation.
So what’s the solution?
A few weeks ago, Chris Weatherman showed me his BaroCook Thermal Cooking Pot…and I just had to get one. This cooking system does not require you to store any harmful fuel in your house, and there are no odors put off while you are cooking.
The BaroCook 28 oz. medium-size stove is perfect for cooking two-person meals such as those provided by Campfire Meals dehydrated foods or Mountain House freeze dried foods. You can also open any type of canned food, MRE meal or the like for a hot meal within minutes.
Cook a meal anytime, anywhere!
The BaroCook Thermal Cooking System is a revolutionary stove for campers, outdoor enthusiasts, first responders and railroaders. The options are endless. No matter where you are going, you can always have a hot meal with his stove on board.
With the supplied heating packs, you can carry, cook and heat your meals easily. Just place the heating pack and water into the outer container. Then place the inner steel container with your meal inside, seal the lid and let the combination of hot water, steam and the heat pack warm up your meal.
This cooking system is also a great addition to your car survival kit. If you get stuck because of a bad traffic accident or severe weather, you can have a meal ready in just a few minutes.
- BaroCook BC-003 D 28 oz (850ml) stove, one 50g heating pack, instructions
- No fire or electricity required, water is your fuel. The heat pack reacts with a small amount of water to heat for up to 30 minutes
- Eco-friendly, non-toxic, odorless and biodegradable heat packets available in multiple sizes
- The stainless container is great for storing & traveling with food with its airtight and leak-proof lid
- Reheat foods safely with high-quality rust-resistant type 304 stainless steel
- BPA, phthalate, pvc & lead free
- For best results use large 50g heat packs
- Caution: Contents will become very hot when heating your food. Please read the instructions first before using the cooker.
* Also available in three additional sizes: 11 oz (320ml), 40 oz (1200ml) rectangular and, 30 oz (900ml) round